For Developing Country Students JFUNU SCHOLARSHIPS, 2019
For developing country students JFUNU Scholarships, 2019 is open for those who can express the need for financial aid and are admitted to a Master of Science in Sustainability Programme at the United Nations University – Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS).
The JFUNU scholarship grants the monthly allowance of 120,000 JPY* for living costs for the maximum of 24 months. It is a free scholarship as the tuition expenses are waived for scholarship recipients.
However, travel costs from and to Japan, visa handling charges, and accident/health insurance costs must be covered by a student.
BASIC INFORMATION ABOUT SCHOLARSHIPS
DEADLINE: 28 Feb 2019 (annual)
HOST INSTITUTE: United Nations University – Institute for the Advanced Study of Sustainability (UNU-IAS)
FIELD: Science in Sustainability
TARGETED AUDIENCE: Residents of developing countries listed in the latest OECD DAC list
SCHOLARSHIPS AWARDS and FUNDING: 120,000 JPY maximum for 24 months. accident/health insurance costs travel charges from and to Japan, and visa handling charges must be covered by a student
MANY SCHOLARSHIPS: limited
• A keen interest in sustainability studies.
• She has demonstrated the commitment to understand and study global issues.
• A candidate must have a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from the good university or institution.
Those who are graduation shortly and have a bachelor’s degree conferred before September 2019 can also apply for this scholarship program.
the bachelor’s degree GPA should be 3.5 or above on a 4.0 scale on
• English language skill. 600 in TOEFL
– Paper-Based Testing 100 in TOEFL
– Internet-Based Testing; 7.0 in IELTS – Academic format.
The eligibility conditions for scholarships are:
• Candidates must be from the developing countries* who need financial aids.
• Candidates who are living in Japan under the working visa are ineligible for it
- • Candidates who want to continue a second master’s degree at UNU-IAS are unsuitable for this.
- International students from developing country
HOW TO APPLY?
During the admission selection procedure, excellent applicants from developing the countries with economic need will be considered as nominees for an award of JFUNU scholarship. Thus, no separate scholarship form is required.
- Your standard application for admissions should be presented via the online form.